Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Sound of Music

Firstly, a belated happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! I hope that it was filled with roses, hearts, chocolate and puppy dogs – unless of course you’re an emo kid, in which case I hope that there were some black roses, broken hearts and some Dashboard Confessional (oddly enough, I’ll take the Dashboard Confessional any day! They’re an awesome band!).

This leads me conveniently to the topic of this post: this truly awesome music video which I found on YouTube. It’s by an Australian group (yes, the Aussies are good at something!) called “The Axis of Awesome”, and it’s called “4 Chords, 36 Songs”, and is based on the premise that all 36 of these popular songs are based on the same 4 chords. The songs range from John Lennon’s “Let it Be” to the Offspring’s “Self-Esteem”. If you think I’m joking, give it a listen! It’s really funny – and pretty amazing!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1fQ1P4Mwlc

No comments: