Friday, July 2, 2010

Thoughts while working on my research...

I have spent the morning sitting in front of my computer, with the intention of making some progress on my research (i.e. type-setting demographic questionnaires, scales about superstitious beliefs and personality tests). In between, my mind has gone wandering (or wondering, depending on your preference...):
  • why on earth did I decide to use a modified version of a scale which has changed items from "Do you think that the number 13 is unlucky?" to "Is seeing a lone dove or pigeon flying bad luck?"?!? Yes, I know my study was supposed to be appropriate to a South African population, but I'm not sure that these item changes are actually helping! Argh! *grumble grumble*
  • where is my mom? She went for an x-ray and ultrasound on her shoulder more than 2 hours ago. Is it time to send out a search party?
  • why is my other ankle now aching?
  • ooh... Just found a slab of chocolate in my desk drawer.
  • where am I going to find 50 people to participate in my research after having used pretty much all my friends last year? Oh dear.
  • why is the femur/hip currently the bone of choice to break or injure? I know 3 people who've had to have pins put in their leg/hip or are having operations on their hips - and none of them are older than 30! Strange!
  • why does it get cloudy and freezing cold when I decide to go for a run? I'm just saying...

Happy Friday!

No comments: