Monday, July 19, 2010

To Do Lists and Monday Morning Rambling

I seem to have fallen off the edge of the earth in the last few weeks. It wasn't by choice though! I thought that I'd be able to enjoy my last week of holiday by getting all my work done and then being able to relax, but things didn't go quite as planned. The other receptionist at work got tickets to one of the World Cup semi-finals, which meant that she and her family drove down to Durban for 3 days, so I ended up working for a couple of extra mornings and didn't get as far in my work as I would've liked. I did some fairly productive stuff during the week, and decided to just give in completely and enjoy my last weekend before varsity started. He of Many Sports Injuries and I ended up spending most of Saturday helping friends of ours to paint their 2 bedroom flat which they're hoping to sell. That was pretty exhausting, especially since the blue paint in the lounge just refused to go away, even after multiple coats. HOMSI and I then spent the evening watching DVD's and eating pizza (the Greek pizza from Roman's is SO good!!). I was terribly amused by HOMSI's reaction to the Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn movie "The Break Up" - he thought that Vince Vaughn's character was such a moron and so painful to watch that he actually went to have a bath while I watched the rest of the film! Weird!
Sunday was spent shopping for my birthday gift. HOMSI - in typical He of Many Sports Injuries style - decided to buy me new running shoes. They're really pretty and shiny - and insanely comfortable, which is probably the most important part! I also finally got a throw for my study - it actually matches the curtains (who knew that there were so many shades of lime green?!?). On Sunday evening, we watched the World Cup finals with Sarah and Graham. I only actually watched the first half - by half time, I was asleep on the couch and totally over all of it! Besides, I had to be up at 6am on Monday morning to transcribe an exam for a student at Wits, which was quite an exhausting process!
Starting varsity again has been quite a shock to my system! I have to do an entire research project for a course, while also working on my current research project, and I'm juggling Masters interviews, working at the vet and tutoring at the same time! In the midst of all of this, HOMSI and I are planning on going away for a long weekend, which will be a welcome break! Let's just hope that I can get through all my work first! HOMSI is also looking to buy an apartment, so our Sundays are currently being spent driving around and looking at places that are on show. It's quite fun and really exciting - mostly because of the prospect of him moving away from the evil dirt road that you have to drive on to get to his current place!
In the hopes of having a productive week, here is my to-do list:
  • finish writing tutoring assessments
  • answer my emails
  • type up research instruments (yes, that one has been on the list for a while)
  • go for a run, despite the enormous amount of pain in my Achilles tendon (the biokineticist told me to do it!)
  • be pretzelled by said biokineticist
  • organise my diary with dates of interviews, marking, etc
  • s...t...r...e...t....c..........h!
  • find accommodation for the weekend away
  • start my neuropsychology assignments

I think that that's more than enough! Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: